Learn more about this project at:
Facilitated by Dr. Heidi Hayes Jacobs and Dr. Marie Hubley Alcock
Sessions are offered so that school and district teams might:
- Develop long term strategic plans to engage community
- Share existing plans and obtain feedback review
- Consider program structure research ties to program goals
- Examine case studies
- Develop PD for faculty
- Build and share upgraded curriculum units
- Sharing long term and short personalized learning exemplars
- Revise assessment and evidence analysis and bringing in students
- Build community and parent support process and samples
1. November 1, 2018: MISSION, PEDAGOGY, PURPOSE How can we prepare our learners for now and the future? What drives our efforts to shape
modern learning experiences? How can we cultivate a pedagogy to drive our decision making? Special focus on involving faculty, community, building interest. (Guest- Bena
2. December 13, 2018: PARTNERSHIP MODEL LEADING TRANSFORMATION What approaches to leadership match the power of contemporary pedagogy? What is the new job description of teachers? How do we move away from old-style hierarchical models. How might we group adults and students to support our transformation?
3. January 9, 2019: STUDENT and ADULT SELF-NAVIGATING OF PERSONALIZED and QUEST-BASED LEARNING How can we engage learners
and teachers in self-monitoring? How do we assess PL effectiveness? What types of schedules support this work? How can we engage learners in meaningful personalized
learning? What makes a quality Quest? (Guest- Allison Zmuda)
4. February 5, 2019: SPACE AND TIME Schedules; Learning Spaces. How can we shape learning spaces and schedules to best engage our learners? What is the impact of furniture purchases on learning outcomes? How might we expand schedules to provide more learning expansive learning possibilities?
5. April 25, 2019: CURRICULUM Program- Modern Curriculum Upgrades – How can we transform traditional required curriculum into engaging and meaningful modern learning experiences? How can we design contemporary assessments? How might we set up district summer curriculum writing teams to invest in modernization?
6. May 8, 2019: BRAIN RESEARCH and DESIGN THINKING impact on instruction, leadership, and learning. How does might current brain research impact decision making from lesson planning to leadership? What are effective models for design thinking to impact our Bold Moves?